初中英语定语从句讲解、练习与答案 定语从句 一、 初中英语重点词汇 1. many/ much/ a few/ a little/ few/ little (1)many修饰可数名词，much修饰不可数名词;都表示许多。例如: He has many books.他有许多书。 He drank much milk.他喝了许多牛奶。 (2)a f
1. many/ much/ a few/ a little/ few/ little
He has many books.他有许多书。
He drank much milk.他喝了许多牛奶。
(2)a few和a little都表示"有一点儿"，侧重于肯定，相当于"some"，但a few修饰可数名词，
He has a few friends in London.他在伦敦有一些朋友。
Would you like some coffee? Yes, just a little.喝点咖啡好吗,好的，只要一点。
He is a strange man. He has few words.他是个怪人，他几乎不说什么话。
Hurry up, there is little time left.赶快，没什么时间了。
2. seem/ look
The baby seems to be happy.婴儿看上去似乎很高兴。
He seemed to be sorry for that.他似乎为那件事感到抱歉。
It seems to rain. 似乎要下雨了。
They seemed to have finished their work.他们似乎已经完成了工作。
It seems that he is quite busy now.他现在看起来很忙。
It seems to us that there is nothing serious.在我看来没什么大不了的。
The room looks clean.这间房看起来很干净。
The girl looks like her mother.那女孩看起来向她的妈妈。
(一)、定义:在复合句中，修饰某一名词或代词的从句叫做定语从句。 定语 定语用来限定、修饰名词或代词的，是对名词或代词起修饰、限定作用的词、短语(动词不定式短语、动名词短语和分词短语)或句子，汉语中常用‘„„的’表示。主要由形容词担任，此外，名词，代词，数词，分词，副词，不定式以及介词短语也可以来担任，也可以由一个句子来担任。单词作定语时通常放在它所修饰的词之前，作前置定语。短语和从句作定语时则放在所修饰的词之后，作后置定语。
如:1) The man who lives next to us is a policeman.
2) You must do everything that I do.
上面两句中的man和everything是定语从句所修饰的词，叫先行词，定语从句放在先行词的后面。 引导定语从句的词有关系代词that, which, who(宾格who, 所有格whose)和关系副词where, when、why 关系词常有三个作用:1、引导定语从句 2、代替先行词 3、在定语从句中担当一个成分
(1)The boys who are playing football are from Class One. (2)Yesterday I helped an old man who lost his way.
(1) Mr. Liu is the person (whom) you talked about.
(3) The man who/whom you met just now is my friend. 3. which指物，在定语从句中做主语或者宾语，做宾语时可省略
(1) Football is a game which is liked by most boys. ( which 在句子中做主语)
(2) This is the pen (which) he bought yesterday. ( which 在句子中做宾语) 4. that指人时，相当于who或者whom;指物时，相当于which。
(5) The people that/who come to visit the city are all here. (在句子中做主语)
(6) Where is the man that/whom I saw this morning? (在句子中做宾语) 5. whose通常指人，也可指物，在定语从句中做定语
(1) He has a friend whose father is a doctor.
(2) I lived in a house whose roof has fallen in.
(3)The classroom whose door is broken will soon be repaired.
=The classroom the door of which is broken will soon be repaired. (5)Do you like the book whose color is yellow?
=Do you like the book the color of which is yellow?
(错)The tree, that is four hundred years old, is very famous here.
We depend on the land from which we get our food.
We depend on the land that/which we get our food from.
(a) 在there be 句型中，只用that，不用which。
(b) 在不定代词，如:anything, nothing, the one, all等作先行词时，只用that，不用which。
(c) 先行词有the only, the very,the same,the last,just修饰时，只用that。
(h)先行词是the way或the reason时，that可作关系副词，也可省略
(i) 主句的主语是疑问词who /which时
Is this the book that you borrowed in the library?
Who that break the window should be punished(
All that is needed is a supply of oil.
Finally, the thief handed everything that he had stolen to the police.
where=in/ at/ on/ ... which (介词同先行词搭配)
when=during/ on/ in/ ... which (介词同先行词搭配)
(1) Shanghai is the city where I was born.
(2) The house where I lived ten years ago has been pulled down.
(1) I still remember the day when I first came to the school.
(2) The time when we got together finally came.
By the time you arrived in London, we had stayed there for two weeks.
I still remember the first time I met her. 我仍然记得我第一次见到她。
Each time he goes to business trip, he brings a lot of living necessities, such as towels, soap, toothbrush etc。 每一次他去出差，他带来了生活必需品，如毛巾，肥皂，牙刷等，很多。
3. why指原因 在定语从句中做原因状语
(1) Please tell me the reason why you missed the plane.
(2) I don’t know the reason why he looks unhappy today.
(1) The reason why/ for which he refused the invitation is not clear,
(2) From the year when/in which he was going to school, he began to know what he wanted when he grew up.
关系副词when ,where和why 互换。
This is the house in which I lived two years ago.
This is the house where I lived two years ago.
Do you remember the day on which you joined our club?
Do you remember the day when you joined our club?
This is the reason why he came late.
This is the reason for which he came late.
1. The boy is my younger brother. He was here a minute ago.
2. The old man is a professor. He teaches chemistry in a college.
3. Beijing Hotel is near Tian An Men Square. The foreign visitors live there.
4. The woman is here now. You were talking about her.
5. This is the hall. We listened to the report in it the other day.
6. The car was going 90 miles an hour. The car just passed us.
7. The man was my uncle. The man waved to us.
8. I enjoyed reading the book. You gave me a book last week.
9. I prefer the subject. The subject is science.
10. I spoke to the man. The man is a professor.
1. The house _______ we live in is very big.
2. The boy ______ is wearing the black jacket is very clever.
3. This is the present _____ he gave me for my birthday.
4. The man _______ talked to you just now is an engineer.
5. He talked about the teachers and schools _______ he had visited.
6. There is nothing in the world _______ can frighten him.
7. She wears a gold ring, _______ is very uncommon in our class.
8. We visited a factory _______ makes toys for children.
9. Is this the place _______ your father once lived?
10. I’ll never forget the days _______ I joined the League.
1. ---Who is the man _______ was talking to our English teacher?
---Oh! It’s Mr Baker, our maths teacher.
A. he B. that C. whom D. which
2. I hate the people ________ don’t help others when they are in trouble.
A. who B. which C. they D. where
3. The foreigner _________ visited our school is from Canada.
A. which B. when C. who D. whom
4. George Mallory was an English school teacher _______ loved climbing.
A. who B. whom C. he D. which
5. This is the place _____I have ever visited.
A. there B. when C. where D. which
6. Nobody knows the reason ______ she didn’t come to the meeting.
A. that B. which C. why D. when
7. The moon is a world ______ there is no life.
A. that B. which C. where D. why
8. He has forgotten the day _______ he arrived.
A. when B. where C. that D. which
9. He still remembers the days ______ he spent with your family.
A. when B. where C. that D. on which
10. Mr. White, ______ car had been stolen, came to the policeman.
A. who B. that C. whose D. which
11. He got to the village _______ his family once lived before liberation.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
12. This is the house _______ I want to buy.
A. in which B. that C. whose D. where
13. This is the house _______ our beloved Premier Zhou once lived and worked.
A. which B. that C. when D. where
14. He didn’t tell me the place _______ he was born.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
15. He lived in a small village, ______ was a long way from the railway station.
A. that B. which C. where D. when
16. I work in a business ________ almost everyone is waiting for a great chance.
A. how B. which C. where D. that
17. Helen was much kinder to her youngest son than to the others, _______, of course, made the others envy
A. who B. that C. what D. which
18. American women usually identify their best friend as someone ________ they can talk frequently.
A. who B. as C. about which D. with whom
19. The film brought the hours back to me ________ I was taken good care of in that far-away village.
A. until B. that C. when D. where
20. The famous scientist grew up________ he was born and in 1930 he came to Shanghai.
A. when B. whenever C. where D. wherever
21. A story goes ________ Elizabeth I of England liked nothing more than being surrounded by clever and
qualified noblemen at court.
A. when B. where C. what D. that
22. The Parkers bought a new house but ________ will need a lot of work before they can move in.
A. they B. it C. one D. which
23. Is this factory ______ you worked at?
A. the one B. which C. that D. where
24. Is this the factory _______ you worked?
A. where B. which C. that D. the one
25. ---Does the teacher know everybody _______ planted the trees?
---Yes, he does.
A. which B. whose C. where D. who
26. The letter _______ I received from him yesterday is very important.
A. who B. where C. what D. that
27. ---Where is the scientist ________ gave us the talk yesterday?
---He has gone back to Qinghua University.
A. whom B. who C. whose D. which
28. I hate people _______ talk much but do little.
A. whose B. whom C. which D. who
29. Do you know a boy ______ sister is a nurse in a hospital?
A. who B. that C. whom D. whose
30. Is there a shop near here______ we can buy vegetables and fruits?
A. which B. when C. who D. where
1. The boys________ are playing football are from Class One.
2. Those ______ want to go to the museum must be at the school gate at 7 tomorrow.
3. Mr Liu is the person ________ you talked about on the bus.
4. The professor ________ you are waiting for has come.
5. Football is a game _______is liked by most boys.
6. He likes to read books ________ are written by foreign writers.
7. This is the pen _______ he bought yesterday.
8. We’ll go to hear the famous singer _______ we have often talked.
9. Where is the man _________ I saw this morning?
10. The season_________ comes after spring is summer.
11. I visited a scientist ________ name is known all over the country.
12. He has a friend ______ father is a doctor.
13. I once lived in the house _____ roof has fallen in.
14. I still remember the day _____ I first came to this school.
15. The time _______ we got together finally arrived.
16. Shanghai is the city ______ I was born.
17. The house ______ I lived ten years ago has been pulled down.
18. Please tell me the reason ______ you missed the plane.
19. The reason ____ he was punished is unknown to us.
20. All the people ______are present burst into tears.
21. There are about seven million people taking part in the election, most of _______ are well educated.
22. He succeeded in the competition, _____ made his parents very happy.
23. The school ______ he once studied is very famous.
24. Tomorrow I’ll bring here the magazine _______ you asked.
25. This is the boy ________I played tennis with yesterday.
1. The house ____ we live is not big.
A. in that B. which
C. in which D. that
2. He talked about the lectures and schools ____ he had visited. A. that B. which
C. who D. whom
3. The scientist the teacher is talking ____ is leaving for Beijing. A. to him B. whom
C. to D. to that
4. I who ____ your teacher, will teach Marxism as a truth to you. A. is B. are
C. were D. am
5. ____ they could do was to work hard.
A. All B. All what
C. All which D. That
6. Do you know the reason ____ he didn’t come?
A. that B. which
C. for D. why
7. The room ____ windows face south is his.
A. that B. which
C. whose D. who’s
8. The park, ____ we visited yesterday, is very nice. A. where B. which
C. that D. when
9. The park, ____ we met with him, is very nice.
A. where B. which
C. that D. when 10. The first time ____ I saw her was in 1989. A. when B. which C. that D. as 11. Pay attention to all ____ I do.
A. which B. in which C. what D. that 12. I’ve read all the books ____ you gave me.
A. which B. them C. what D. that 13. Is there anything ____ I can do for you? A. what B. which C. that D. it
14. The woman ____ child had fallen ill was a doctor. A. who B. her C. whose D. /
15. The pen ____ I’m using ____ is hers.
A. which; it B. that; it C. it; / D. / 16. I have the same trouble ____ you have. A. that B. which C. as D. what 17. It’s the very book ____ I want to find.
A. which B. that C. it D. so 18. He is the only one of the boys who ____ English for four years.
A. has learnt B. have learnt C. learn D. learning 19. This is one of the books ____ worth reading. A. that is B. which are C. it was D. they are been 20. This is the best film ____ been shown this year. A. which has B. which have C. that has D. that have 21. This is the largest clock in the world, the minute have ____ is six minutes long.
A. where B. of which C. that D. of that 22. Can you tell me the reason ____ you didn’t come for yesterday?
A. why B. how C. which D. what 23. Do you still remember the day ____ we spent together last month?
A. that B. in which C. when D. where 24. Oct. 1, 1949 was the day ____ the New China was founded.
A. that B. in which C. when D. where
25. Which/Who of them ____ knows something about English doesn’t know this word?
A. which B. who
C. that D. as
26. ____ we all know, he is a good man.
A. Which B. Who
C. That D. As
27. I’ve never seen such a lazy boy ____ you are.
A. which B. who
C. that D. as
28. There were many great leaders in the history ____ Abraham Lincoln was the greatest one.
A. in which B. in whom
C. of which D. of whom
29. I bought a new dictionary, ____ is very beautiful. A. whose the cover B. of which cover C. the cover of which D. which cover 30. They have planted many trees, one third of ____ are pine trees. A. them B. whose
C. which D. that
31. That is my office, ____ face the south.
A. it’s windows B. the windows
C. the windows of it D. the windows of which 32. He’s given us a lot of information, ____ is valuable.
A. little of it B. Little of which C. a little D. much of them 33. He has two sons, ____ is a collage student. A. who B. both of whom C. neither of whom D. neither 34. There are forty-five students in our class, ____ is only fifteen. A. the youngest of whom B. the oldest of them C. one of them D. the tallest 35. He has published two books, ____ I’ve completely forgotten.
A. their names B. the names of which C. the names of them D. what names of which 36. He has several friends, the most devoted ____ is Henry. A. friend B. one of them C. of them D. of whom 37. Five men stole into the gate, ____ was lame in the right leg. A. the second B. the third of whom C. one of them D. among them 38. This is the very school ____ I wanted to visit. A. where B. that
C. which D. in which 39. Is the school ____ you are going to work?
A. where B. that
C. which D. there
40. Is this ____ you want?
A. which B. the one
C. that D. the one what] 41. Shanghai, ____ I have visited twice, has a large population. A. where B. which
C. what D. that
42. My youngest sister, ____ is forty years old, has got a life professorship in a university.
A. which B. whom
C. who D. that
43. The students didn’t like the way ____ she was dressed.
A./ B. which
C. what D. how
44. There’s no way ____ you could stop others talking about you unless you don’t spare yourself (严格要求自
A. for B. that
C. where D. of which 45. I am determined to learn my subjects in the way ____ you have done. A. in which B. by what C. what D. where
46. He used to do things in a way ____ did no harm to anybody. A. / B. what
C. in which D. that
47. I’ll do ____ to help you.
A. all I can B. all what I can C. all those I manage D. all which I can 48. All ____ want to buy the book, put down your names here. A. who B. these that C. those who D. ones
49. This is the third time ____ you’re late for school.
A. in which B. that
C. which D. on which 50. He arrived yesterday, ____ was just what we expected. A. what B. who
C. that D. which
51. Einstein taught at Princeton, ____ there was a famous research institute.
A. that B. where
C. which D. because of 52. That is the reason ____ he came to see you. A. when B. that
C. which D. for which 53. She is one of the few persons ____ Spanish in our school. A. who knows B. who know C. which speak D. that speaks 54. He is the only one of the teachers ____ Spanish in our school. A. who teaches B. who teach C. which teaches D. that teach 55. You are the only one ____ advice he might listen to.
A. who B. that
C. whose D. whatever
56. Here is so big a stone ____ no man can lift.
A. as B. which C. who D. that
57. He seems a foreigner, ____ in fact it is.
A. which B. as C. that D. and
58. Who ____ has common sense will do such a thing?
A. which B. who C. whom D. that
59. Is this the museum ____ some German friends visited last Wednesday? A. that B. where C. in which D. the one
60. Is this museum ____ you visited the other day?
A. that B. where C. in which D. the one 61. How do you like the book?
It’s quite different from_____ I read last month.
A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what 62. Which sentence is wrong?
A. The finger I dipped into the cup was not the one I put it into my mouth. B. Do you know the boy who jumped onto the platform?
C. Science and new technology have made it possible for farmers to produce more food on the same amount of
D. People in ancient times took it for granted that the sun moved round the earth. 63. Antarctic ____ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round. A. which B. where C. that D. about which
64. Each time ____ they met, they would talk long hours together. A. which B. during C. when D. /
65. May the fourth is the day ____ we Chinese people will never forget. A. which B. when C. on which D. about which 66. Is it in that factory ____ “Red Flag” cars are produced?
A. in which B. where C. which D. that
67. He is not ____ a fool ____.
A. such; as he is looked B. such; as he looks. C. as; as he is looked D. so; as he looks 68. Some of the roads were flooded, ____ made our journey more difficult. A. which B. it
C. what D. that
69. The buses, ____ were already full, were surrounded by on angry crowd. A. most of that B. which most C. most of which D. that most 70. He is a man of great experience, ____ much can be learned. A. who B. that C. from which D. from whom
(一) 1. The boy who was here a minute ago is my younger brother.
2. The old man who teaches chemistry in a college is a professor.
3. Beijing Hotel where the foreign visitors live is near Tian An Men Square.
4. The woman whom you were talking bout is here now.
5. This is the hall where we listened to the report the other day.
6. The car just passed us was going 90 miles.
7. The man who waved to us was my uncle.
8. I enjoyed reading the book that you gave me last week.
9. The subject that I prefer is science.
10. I spoke to the man who is a professor.
(二) 1. which/ that 2. who/ that 3. that/ which 4. who/ that 5. that
6. that 7. which 8. that/ which 9. where 10. when
一、单项填空 1-5 BACAD 6-10 CCACC 11-15 DBDDB 16-20 CDDCC 21-25 DBAAD 26-30 DBDDD 二、填入适当的关系代词或关系副词完成下列句子
1. who 2. who 3. whom 4. whom 5. which
6. which 7. which 8. about whom 9. whom 10. which
11. whose 12. whose 13. whose 14. when 15. when
16. where 17. where 18. why 19. why 20. that
21. whom 22. which 23. where 24. that 25. whom
1-5 CACDA 6-10 DCBAC 11-15 DDDCD 16-20 CBABC 21-25 BCACC 26-30 CDDCC
31-35 DBCAB 36-40 DBBAB 41-45 BCABA 46-50 DACBD 51-55 BDBAC 56-60 ABDAD
61-65 CADDA 66-70 DBACD